You may have downloaded a file via Safari on your iPhone or iPad, but you may not find it. Don’t worry, as of iOS 11, all downloads are stored in one location on iPhone and iPad. In this guide, you will find out where this folder is stored on both devices and how to access it.
Here’s how you can find your downloads on iPhone and iPad
- First of all, download a file with Safari. If you tap on the download icon at the top left, you can view the progression of this downloading file.
- Open the Files app after closing Safari. You’ll notice a list of folders that your iPhone can access at the top. Whether you’ve chosen to save downloads exclusively on your device or in the cloud will determine exactly where you can locate them. To find a file on your device, choose “On My iPhone,” or choose “iCloud Drive” to find a downloaded file saved on the cloud. Just be sure to check both directions if you’re unsure.
- Now tap on “Downloads.“
- All of the files that you have downloaded to your iPhone are shown here. You can share a downloaded file by first tapping the file to open it in a preview.
- Download a file using Safari.
- Launch the Files app.
- Tap “On My iPhone” or “iCloud Drive,” and then tap “Downloads,” according to your download preferences. All of the files that you have downloaded using Safari on your iPhone and iPad can be found here this way.